My partner / son is in prison and needs accommodation to be released. Can OARS CT assist?

Referrals are received from Prison Social Workers or Case Management Coordinators (CMC’s).  Once received,  OARS CT places the prisoner’s name and details onto a wait list.  We then forward a letter to the referring Social worker or CMC confirming that the referral has been received.  If and when we are able to assist with housing we will write a letter directly to the prison.

I have just been released from prison and need assistance with housing

If you are released from prison and do not have stable accommodation, you can attend our office at 231 Morphett St, Adelaide or contact us on 8218 0700 and ask to speak with the Community Worker regarding housing.  You will be offered an appointment to undertake an assessment.  Based on wait list availability, you will be offered 6 appointments during which you will be assisted with lodging applications for housing, researching private rental and researching all appropriate accommodation options.

Does OARS CT have emergency/crisis accommodation ?

At present there are no accommodation vacancies available.

Please contact us on (08) 8218 0700 if you wish to make an appointment or chat over the phone. We can also assist in searching for a boarding house if this suits your needs.

Does OARS CT provide Drug & Alcohol Counselling ?

Yes, OARS CT provides Drug & Alcohol Counselling.

Please contact us on (08) 8218 0700.  Your inquiry will be passed on to our Counselling team, who will call you to do an initial assessment and talk about the service options available.

Can we pay for the Cadell Bus over the phone or online?

Unfortunately, we do not have the facility to process electronic payments over the phone, although you can book and pay online for a bus ticket via this website.  Refer to Services and Early Intervention/Payment of Cadell Bus Tickets.

Cash or money orders are accepted at our city office, 231 Morphett Street or our Christies Beach office, 87b Dyson Rd.  Please contact us on (08) 8218 0700 for further information.

Refer to Family Services section – “Services and Early Intervention” menu for further details relating to this service.


Do you offer partner/family support?

Some of OARS CT programs offer partner/family support;

  • The Gambling Support Service (GSS) works specifically with family members/significant others who have been impacted by a loved one’s gambling behaviour.
  • The Counselling, Health and Substance Management (CHaSM) Program offers support to family members/significant others if consent is obtained by the client who is addressing their drug and alcohol issue.

What happens when a referral is received for Rehabilitation Treatment Services?

When a referral is received, we will conduct an assessment to determine what program would be most beneficial for you. The Rehabilitation Treatment Services team offers programs for anyone who wants to address their drug & alcohol and/or gambling issues. We will also address mental health issues and may refer you to a specialist mental health service if this is going to benefit you. At all times, we will discuss your options and will support you through this. We can also provide you with a case management service to assist you to work with other agencies outside of OARS CT, to ensure that we are all working together to achieve your goals.