NDIS Support Coordination
OARS Community Transitions & Freshstart Services offers Support Coordination (Level 2) and Specialist Support Coordination (Level 3) to participants to map their goals and supports they need to help achieve their NDIS goals. These include assisting participants to link to a mix of informal, mainstream and community supports and assist participants to develop connections with the community. These could include referrals to following services:
- Allied health professionals (Psychologist, Occupational Therapist, Counsellor)
- Positive Behavioural Support practitioner
- Health & Wellbeing services
- Participants aged 18 +
- Participants who have Support Coordination as part of their NDIS Plan
Referrals can be made by contacting the NDIS Service Manager on 08 8249 0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Positive Transitions – Positive Behaviour Support (NDIS)
OARS Community Transitions is a registered provider of NDIS behaviour support services. Our specialist behaviour support practitioners are authorised to provide positive behaviour support services by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
WHAT IS A BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT PLAN?
A NDIS behaviour support plan is a document developed for a participant with a disability who requires specialist behaviour support intervention as specified in their NDIS plan. A behaviour support plan covers proactive, person-centered strategies that:
• Focus on the participant’s strengths and goals.• Address behaviours of concern through strengths-based, proactive strategies.
• Increase the participant’s life skills, relationships and community participation in line with their NDIS goals.
• Include regulated restrictive practice if required, with a view to reducing or eliminating any restrictive practices that are in place. A behaviour support plan is developed in consultation with the participant and their support network including, family, carers, guardian and any service providers who will be implementing the plan.
• Functional behaviour assessments
• Interim and comprehensive behaviour support plans
• Training and guidance for service providers working with the participant
• A comprehensive understanding of restrictive practices, and how to implement these in positive behaviour support plans with a view to reduce and/or eliminate
• A human rights framework and person-centered approach
NDIS participants whose NDIS Plan includes Specialist Behavioural Intervention Support and/or Behaviour Management Plan in the Capacity Building Supports section are eligible to access positive behaviour support services through OARS Community Transitions.
Referrals can be made by contacting the NDIS Positive Behaviour Support team on (08)8384 4193 or Email Us