OARS CT is an approved member of the Disability Services Provider Panel (DSPP). The service aims to provide stability and security to clients by providing support and access to services, including the provision and/or referral for accommodation.
The following programs are currently provided:
Care Finder Program (CFP)
OARS Community Transitions provides case management support to individuals who may be experiencing homelessness or who are at risk of homelessness.
- The focus is on individuals aged 65 years and over (or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander people) who are on a low-income experiencing homelessness or housing stress.
- Prematurely aged people aged 50 years and over (45 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people), who are on a low income and are homeless or experiencing housing stress.
- Prematurely aged individuals aged 50 years and over (45 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people), whose life experiences such as active military service, homelessness or substance abuse has seen them age prematurely.
This is a flexible support service, time limited up to 3 months with up to 100 hours of service support. The goal is to support participants to gain skills and confidence to be independent. The purpose of the support package enables linkages with other relevant agencies for long term support.
Please contact the OARS CFP team on 8249 0700.
Community Connections Program (CCP)
Community Transitions has been funded by the Department of Human Services to provide support for people to build stronger social and community connections and to increase people’s independence in the home.
- Aged between 18 – 64 years old
(if Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, aged between 18-49)
- Need short-term support to improve independence or to develop or maintain connections with support networks
- Are not eligible for federal programs such as National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and My Aged Care.
- Reside in the Western Region of Adelaide
Referrals can be made by contacting the CCP Team on 08 8249 0700 or email CCPReferrals@communitytransitions.com.au
More information about this program is provided on DHS website: